Why We Do It | Our
by Kids Foundation is a Florida-based non-profit organization that facilitates the production
of childrens books that are written and illustrated by kids
in select communities. The A to Z Series® is the first in
a series of books to be launched by BooksbyKids.com. In the
Our City from A to Z Series®, local students and hospitalized
children create a book that is sold in each community to raise
funds for area non-profit organizations. Each page of the book
describes a city landmark, characteristic or historical figure
beginning with each letter of the alphabet. The books are written
by local students and illustrated by hospitalized children. Each
book is hardback, full-color with a glossy cover wrap and reflects
the beauty of each city through the eyes of local children. A
minimum of 5,000 books are published and distributed per market.
Photo courtesy of Art with a
Heart in Healthcare, Jacksonville, FL
In cities where there is a corporate sponsor, BooksbyKids.com
will contribute 100 percent of the net sales proceeds (after all
expenses) to local child-based non-profit organizations.
Find out about our process >
Meet the Founders >
- Enhances the lives of sick children
- Promotes literacy and the arts in targeted markets
- Educates young readers and inspires young writers
- Motivates, inspires and benefits children
- Raises funds for local non-profit organizations
- Creates a unique marketing opportunity for sponsors/donors
- Fosters teamwork and pride among the students, families, facilitators
- Creates great exposure for the participating students, schools,
other non-profit organizations
- Creates a tangible legacy product
- Teaches children about the beauty of philanthropy
- Promotes recreational and cultural assets throughout a community
- Builds tourism within a specific community
- Teaches children entrepreneurial skills
- Enhances civic pride
Visit our recent media interviews to hear
- Art can play an important role in healing childrens
bodies and spirit.
- KIDS can be philanthropists!
- When children create something for public display and/or purchase,
they achieve a sense of pride and accomplishment.
- Children learn best through hands-on activities
- Children can learn from other children.
- All communities have interesting characteristics and assets,
which can be promoted to help the community at large.
- Learning about the assets of a community boosts civic pride.
- BooksbyKids.com can provide a unique marketing vehicle for
local attractions and facilities.
- BooksbyKids.com can provide great exposure for the participating
sponsors and non-profit organizations.
- Books created by BooksbyKids.com creates a great legacy for
local children, particularly those who are sick and vulnerable.